This conversation is moderated according to USA TODAY's community rules. Please read the rules before joining the discussion.
The season for cooking, baking, gifting, and Black Friday! This time of year in particular, I’m in the kitchen a little bit more, using my best gear for parties and family gatherings.
Having a few sturdy cooking tools that work well every time they’re employed is key to successful cooking. Go with quality vs quantity when it comes to kitchen gear; tried and true items that can be used over and over – it’s worth an investment to know that certain things can handle the (literal) heat in the kitchen.
· Le Creuset Dutch Ovens: my favorites, hands down, although there are lots of great dutch oven brands. Look for discontinued colors on clearance!
· Pyrex Simply Store: a MUST for leftovers, meal prepping, and chopping ingredients before big dinners! They go in the fridge, freezer, oven, dishwasher, and microwave.
· Sharp Knives: Wustoff Classic is the line that I come back to time and time again. I sharpen them at home every two months or so, and they last for years. Cooking is SO much more enjoyable when knives do that they are supposed to do!
· Batter Bowl: I have a few of these (Pyrex makes lots of sizes) and use them for baking, whisking salad dressings, melting butter, or holiday weekend pancakes! This particular pretty one is from Mason Cash via Food52.com
· Hard Anodized Nonstick Skillet: There are tons of these on the market; Anolon Nouvelle Copper skillets are really reasonably priced and last a long time.
· Large Cutting Board: As big as will fit in your kitchen! Go for a smooth, solid surface like wood or composite surface, and skip glass or anything with a rough surface – it’ll dull your knives.
· Food52.com: This online shop is FULL of to-die-for functional and beautiful home and kitchen items. They have a few great sales per year, which I always take advantage of, and work with big-name brands like Staub for limited-release colors and styles.
· Williams Sonoma: I actually go to the mall for this one, as in-store clearance sections can sometimes boast huge deals. WS also has a great rewards program.
· The Cook’s Station: Right downtown, this small-but-mighty shop has tons of gear and fun gifts.
Air Freight Rates
· Cutleryandmore.com: Another online retailer with high-end brands such as All-Clad at deep discounts. I keep an eye on their sales and have found particularly great deals on knives from the site.
Pizza Oven, Milk Frother, Pepper Mill, Oil Sprayer - Yisure,http://www.nbyisure.com/